I’m having a problem with my internet, what do I do?
1. Unplug the power from your Twincomm Dish by unplugging the POE (little black or possibly white box located inside your home).
2. Unplug the power from your router.
3. Wait 30 seconds.
4. Plug both units back in.
5. Wait 3 minutes and try your internet again.
If that doesn’t fix the issue please contact technical support right away at 1-866-446-6004 ext 0.
Will I be able to stream video on your service?
Absolutely! If you’re having trouble doing so, let us know.
Will Skype or other VOIP services work?
Yes, although it is not something we guarantee as VOIP can be unreliable even on the fastest internet connections.
Where is your service available?
What is the cost of getting setup with internet service?
$150 Installation Fee for our regular wireless internet service.
S100 for our cable service in Van Anda on Texada Island.
This fee covers the modem/dish, cable and wireless router. Equipment remains property of Twincomm and is maintained by us for the length of the service.
What is involved in the installation of your internet service to my house?
Installation consists of mounting a Wireless Dish on the outside of the customer’s home. The Dish is aligned and configured to receive a signal from one of our repeater stations.
An ethernet cable connects the Wireless Dish to a Power Supply(POE) near the customer’s computer.
The customer’s computer can plug directly into the Power Supply, or if you require wireless we can provide a router for an additional fee.
How much data do movies etc use?
Estimated usage for common downloading and streaming activities:
A high-resolution photograph – 3 MB
A 4 minute 360P standard definition YouTube video – 15 MB
1 Hour of Netflix at default settings – 3 GB
1 Hour of Netflix at Medium Quality – 700 MB
1 GB = 1024 MB
Note: these are averages and provided here only as estimates. There are many different video streaming sites and their data usage varies greatly.
Common reasons for large data use:
Video Downloads – Downloading TV shows etc can often use a lot of data, especially if you’re using a torrenting application as they tend to also upload to other users at the same time. If you must use a torrent application make sure it isn’t running in the background as it will often continue to upload even after the download has finished.
Netflix – This is the biggest culprit for data use, you can change the quality that you are streaming at by going to https://www.netflix.com/hdtoggle which can help greatly reduce the amount of data used per movie.
Webcams – Having a webcam and viewing it once in a while won’t use too much data, but leaving it streaming 24hrs a day can sometime use a lot of data. Most cameras have quality settings that you can reduce if you must leave a camera streaming all the time.
Neighbours/Renters/Kids – Often unknown data can be the cause of a neighbour or someone on your wifi without you knowing. If you see suspicious data on your account let us know and we can help you make sure your wireless is secure.
Can I reduce the amount of data Netflix is using?
1. Visit www.netflix.com/hdtoggle.
2. Enter your login to Netflix if requested.
3. Choose between Medium or Low under Data Usage per Screen , for each profile under your account
Keep in mind this may not work if you are using a “smart TV” as some smart TVs will automatically pick quality.
How can I view how much data I have used?
1. Visit our Portal at portal.twincomm.ca.
2. You may be requested for an email and password. If you’ve been given this info please enter it here. Otherwise visit our Usage page and request your login credentials.
3. Once you’d reached the portal, click on the Services tab to view usage graphs and see when your plan’s data renews.
How do I activate a new credit card in Plastiq for Twincomm Auto Pay?
To update your credit card information, please log into your Plastiq account at https://www.plastiq.com/ and enter your new credit card number.
To activate your new card for AutoPay, please follow the instructions below:
- Within your Plastiq profile, on the top bar, right hand side, you will see a tab called “Manage”
- Hover over “Manage”, and a pop down list will appear with “Manage Recipients”
- Select Manage Recipients. A page will come up with a “list of recipients to review and edit”
- Please select Twincomm (a blue dot will appear beside Twincomm, if not already there)
- Proceed with the “edit recipient” tab on the bottom right.
- On this page you will see “Review or Edit the information provided for Twincomm”
- Scroll down to Enrollments, AutoPay and you will see “Edit” in blue – select “Edit”
- Here you will see your old card information – select “Change” in blue
- At this point you will see your old credit card under “Currently Using” and your new card will appear above.
- Select your new card and it will now appear as your “currently using” card
- Click close on the right hand side
Your new credit card will now be activated for AutoPay and we will continue to process your payment monthly.