We know you’ve probably got some questions about how things work. We hope to answer most of them in this section, but if not, just give us a call. 1-866-446-6004 or use our contact form.
- 1. I’m having a problem with my internet, what do I do?
1. Unplug the power from your Twincomm Dish by unplugging the POE (little black or possibly white box located inside your home).
2. Unplug the power from your router.
3. Wait 30 seconds.
4. Plug both units back in.
5. Wait 3 minutes and try your internet again.
If that doesn’t fix the issue please contact technical support right away at 866-446-6004 ext 0.
- 2. What speeds do you provide?
All our plans come with a minimum of 5Mbps but typically you'll get much more than this, please check out our Services page to check out the maximum speeds for each plan.
- 3. Will I be able to stream video on your service?
- 4. Will skype or other VOIP services work?
Yes, although it is not something we guarantee as VOIP is unreliable even on the fastest internet connections.
- 5. Where is your service available?
Please see our Map of Service Area.
- 6. What is the cost of getting setup with internet service?
$300 Installation Fee for our wireless services.
S100 for our Cable service in Van Anda on Texada Island.
- 7. What is involved in the installation of the wireless radio system?
Installation consists of mounting a Wireless Dish on the outside of the customer's home. The Dish is aligned and configured to receive signal from one of Twincomm's repeater stations. An ethernet cable connects the Wireless Dish to a Power Supply (POE) near the customer's computer. The customer's computer can plug directly into the Power Supply or if you require wireless we can provided a router for an additional fee.
- 8. What are the monthly costs?
Please see Services for our rates and plans.
- 9. How much data?
Estimated usage for common downloading and streaming activities:
A web page - 0.17 MB
A high-resolution photograph - 2 MB
A 10 minute YouTube video - 10 MB
A feature length standard definition movie - 700 MB
Note: these are averages and provided here only as estimates.
1 GB = 1024 MB
- 10. Twincomm Email Setup Instruction:
iPhone or iPad:
1. Open Settings
2. Click Mail, Contacts, Calenders
3. Click Add Account
4. Click Google
5. Enter your Name, your full email address (e.g. username@Twincomm.ca) , and password. Done!
(if you see a prompt to add an account when you open Apple Mail, skip to step 5:)
1. Open the Mail app on your computer
2. Select the Mail menu at the top, and then Preferences
3. Open the Accounts section
4. Click the + button in the bottom corner
5. Choose Google
6. Type your name
7. Type your full email address (e.g. username@Twincomm.ca)
8. Type your password
9. Click Set up. Make sure Mail is selected and click. Done!
- 11. Can I reduce the amount of data Netflix is using?
1. Visit www.netflix.com/hdtoggle.
2. Enter your login to Netflix if requested.
3. Choose between Medium or Low under Data Usage per Screen , for each profile under your account
- 12. How can I view how much data I have used?
1. Visit portal.twincomm.ca.
2. You may be requested for an email and password. If you've been given this info please enter it here. Otherwise visit our Usage page and request your login credentials.
3. Once you'd reached the portal, click on Services to view usage graphs and see when your plan's data renews.
Twincomm offers high-speed Internet services to Desolation Sound and surrounding areas.Our Service Areas