Twincomm was formed in early 2001 by Mark Torrance. Twincomm’s objective was to bring high-speed Internet access to remote and “off-grid” communities at the entrance of Desolation Sound.
Constantinos Tsakonas joined the company in 2003 as the General Manager/System Administrator when Twincomm had approximately 20 clients. Today, Twincomm services over 800 clients and is continuing to grow.
The broadband network has expanded to include clients from Cortes Island, Quadra Island, Lund, Savary Island and as far south as Texada Island.
Constantinos (Dino) Tsakonas
Liesa van Rossem
Supporting Our Community
In addition to providing internet, we support local organizations.
Here are some that we have donated to past and present.
- Carihi Secondary School
- Cortes Island Ambulance
- Cortes Island Museum
- Cortes Island Fire Department
- Cortes Island School
- Cortes Community Forest
- Cortes International Women’s Day
- Cortes Island Tourism and Business
- Cortes Island Women’s Centre
- Cortes Community Health Association
- Cortes Community Health Association Holiday Smiles
- Cortes Community Radio Association
- Discovery Island Chamber of Commerce
- Dodgeball for Autism
- Forest Trust for the Children of Cortes Island
- Friends of Cortes Island
- Power of Hope
- Quadra International Women’s Day
- Texada Community TV Association
- Texada Royal Canadian Legion Branch 232