Twincomm was formed in early 2001 by Mark Torrance. Twincomm’s objective was to bring high-speed Internet access to remote and “off-grid” communities at the entrance of Desolation Sound.
Over the years, Twincomm’s customer base has increased to areas ranging from Cortes Island, west to Quadra Island, east to Lund, as far south as Texada Island and the island communities in between, with over 800 customers and growing.
Liesa van Rossem
I have a diploma in Cyber Security and am loving providing technical support for the Twincomm team. I have a strong passion for all things IT and love to learn about the ever evolving technological world!
You will usually find me soaking up all the goodies the ocean has to offer or exploring the incredible trails. I am so happy to be surrounded by such a great team in what has to be one of the most beautiful places in the world, Desolation Sound!
Supporting Our Community
In addition to providing internet, we support local organizations.
Here are some that we have donated to past and present.
- Carihi Secondary School
- Cortes Island Ambulance
- Cortes Island Food Bank
- Cortes Island Museum
- Cortes Island Fire Department
- Cortes Island School
- Cortes Community Forest
- Cortes International Women’s Day
- Cortes Island Tourism and Business
- Cortes Island Women’s Centre
- Cortes Community Health Association
- Cortes Community Health Association Holiday Smiles
- Cortes Community Radio Association
- Discovery Island Chamber of Commerce
- Dodgeball for Autism
- Forest Trust for the Children of Cortes Island
- Friends of Cortes Island
- Lund Food Bank
- Power of Hope
- Quadra International Women’s Day
- Quadra Island Food Bank
- Texada Community TV Association
- Texada Island Food Bank
- Texada Royal Canadian Legion Branch 232